Asian Private Banker — the region’s leading English language publication focusing on private wealth management — is looking for an energetic, experienced, and passionate copy editor to join our team. As copy editor, you will work on Asian Private Banker’s daily online news, print magazines, awards programmes, research reports, sponsored content, and other editorial-related projects.
The copy editor is a team lynchpin and success in the role will largely be determined by the copy editor’s ability to stay focused, organised, and effective in a highly demanding environment.
- Copy-editing content submitted by reporters and journalists to fix logic, grammar, and spelling where necessary
- Headline writing; ensuring that each story has an accurate, balanced, yet punchy, headline
- Fact-checking; monitoring factual accuracy and the logical usage of facts
- Re-writing copy to ensure tonal and flow consistency
- Communicate effectively with the editor and with the digital team to ensure the smooth running of daily editorial output and related processes
- Minimising the possibility of libel
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years of experience in editing news stories
- Native English speaker
- A strong eye for detail
- Organised and reliable team-player with the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent fact-checking skills
- Proven ability to meet tight and overlapping deadlines
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Positive attitude is a must
An understanding of the financial industry is not a priority, but you will be a more competitive candidate if you have an interest in learning about Asia’s private wealth management industry. This is a full-time position based in Hong Kong.
Asian Private Banker is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
We value people who are high achievers and strive for excellence in everything they do. We are a hard-working, passionate and fun team that enjoys a balanced life with passions outside of work. We are a diverse, multicultural company with team members from all over the world working in our office. Have a look at asianprivatebanker.com/about-us to find out more about everyone.
***Candidates must have the right to work in Hong Kong SAR***
All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment and selection purposes.
Find out more about Asian Private Banker