Asian Private Banker, the region’s leading publication focusing on private wealth management, is looking for an energetic, experienced and passionate copy editor to join our team. As copy editor, you will work on Asian Private Banker’s daily online content, print publications and also consult for other editorial-related projects.
The copy editor is a team lynchpin and success in the role will largely be determined by the copy editor’s ability to stay focused, organised, and effective in a highly demanding environment.
- Communicate effectively with the editor and with the digital team to ensure the smooth running of daily editorial output and related processes
- Headline writing; ensuring that each story has an accurate, balanced, yet punchy, headline
- Copy-editing content, submitted by reporters and journalists, to remove grammatical errors and spelling mistakes
- Re-writing copy to ensure tonal and flow consistency
- Monitoring factual accuracy and the logical usage of facts
- Minimising the possibility of libel
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum two years of experience in copy-editing/editing
- Native English speaker
- An eye for detail and strong project management skills
- Organised and reliable team-player with the ability to be resourceful
- Excellent fact-checking skills
- Proven ability to meet tight and overlapping deadlines
- Enthusiasm to work in a fast-paced digital environment
- Positive attitude is a must
An understanding of the financial industry is not a priority, but you will be a more competitive candidate if you have an interest in learning about the private banking industry. This is a full-time position based in Hong Kong.
** Applicants must have the right to work in the Hong Kong SAR. **
Asian Private Banker is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, nationality, age, gender or disability in its hiring and promotion procedures.