Asian Private Banker, one of Asia’s fastest growing, most ambitious, and market-moving financial publications, is seeking an intelligent, experienced and hungry sales person to lead and grow our China business.
This is a unique career-changing opportunity offering the right candidate an exciting role, rich with immediate sales potential/commission, and a career pathway to longer-term business leadership.
Asian Private Banker’s data and intelligence underpin private banking coverage in Asia for the FT, Bloomberg, CNBC, Reuters, Institutional Investor, swissinfo.ch, Forbes and many other publications (https://asianprivatebanker.com/press/). Our research division has counted: BlackRock, Citi, J.P. Morgan, Julius Baer, Morgan Stanley, PwC, Vontobel as clients over the past year.
We are seeking a Sales Director for the China market to sell and lead Asian Private Banker’s revenue from Chinese private banks, wealth managers, family offices and asset managers.
Asian Private Banker has a well-established global brand with high-level connections and recognition from Chinese private banks and wealth managers.
The role will be based in our Hong Kong head office with regular travel to Shanghai and Beijing essential. Previous experience in selling services to financial institutions in China and a proven sales record are also required.
- To plan and lead the sales strategy for China-based sales
- To sell and deliver the sales numbers for China-based sales
- To develop and strengthen the product suite for Chinese clients
- To develop and strengthen the sales process and materials for China
What we’re looking for
- Minimum 5 year financial institution or corporate sector sales performance
- Experience in selling B2B services
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as needed
- Keen to work in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- High-level attention to detail
- Strong command of English
- Native Putonghua (reading, writing and speaking)
This role will be based in HK for the first 12 months to work with the HK team, with the possibility of relocating to Shanghai or Beijing in the near future.
Asian Private Banker is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
We value people who are high achievers and strive for excellence in everything they do. We are a hard-working, passionate and fun team that enjoys a balanced life with passions outside of work. We are a diverse, multicultural company with team members from all over the world working in our office. Have a look at asianprivatebanker.com/about-us to find out more about everyone.
***Candidates must have the right to work in Hong Kong SAR***
All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment and selection purposes.
Find out more about Asian Private Banker