Asian Private Banker, the region’s leading publication focusing on private wealth management, is looking for an energetic, experienced and passionate senior reporter to join its team. We need an experienced, Hong Kong-based journalist with a nose for a story, a flair for writing, sophisticated “people skills”, and the acumen to conduct in-depth interviews.
This is a market leading opportunity for a journalist with a financial reporting background and some knowledge of the wealth management industry. You will be working alongside and within the largest and most experienced bureau of Asia-based journalists covering the rapid accumulation of private wealth that is occurring in the region.
As an Asian Private Banker senior reporter, you will be responsible for producing editorial content for our digital and print platforms; conducting interviews with industry leaders; building and maintaining a network of contacts; and ultimately contributing to the growth of our editorial product.
The ‘senior reporter’ title at Asian Private Banker is an amazing door-opener and will grant the journalist access to many levels of global institutions.
- Covering investment views and trends in the region’s private banking industry
- Developing deep industry knowledge and embracing a speciality within the private wealth management space
- Developing a personal network of key industry contacts
- Conducting interviews with industry leaders around the private wealth management space
- Developing and executing data-driven products to support the APB platform
- Contributing to live format events and functions
- Editorial duties may also require travel in the Asia Pacific region
- Journalists who excel in this role will be given the opportunity to progress as the head of a subject matter and may be given ownership of their own regular features.
- Senior Reporters who develop deeply specialised knowledge are given the opportunity to develop their own brand through a regularly distributed e-newsletter. Example: The Tech Buzz
- Journalists who have a particular passion are also encouraged and fully empowered to develop that passion. All of Asian Private Banker’sawards programmes, for example, were developed by members of the editorial team who became subject matter experts:
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in journalism or similar disciplines
- 3+ years of financial journalism experience
- Impeccable command of spoken and written English
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and cultivate relationships
- Good organisational skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
An understanding of the financial industry is not a priority, but you will be a more competitive candidate if you have an existing network of contacts in the private wealth management, product manufacturing, legal/compliance/regulation, or fintech communities.
* This is a full-time position based in Hong Kong. Applicants should have the right to work in the Hong Kong SAR.
Interested candidates please send us your updated CV with availability and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org.