Asian Private Banker, one of Asia’s fastest-growing, most respected, and market-moving financial publications is seeking an intelligent, ambitious and hard-working junior salesperson who is hungry to rapidly develop their sales capabilities and credentials in a fast-paced environment.
The Business Development Associate will join a fast-paced and empowered sales team, where they will have meaningful opportunities to contribute and develop from their first day on the job. Our products range from events to print to digital to bespoke client-led initiatives.
Initially working closely with APB’s senior sales team, the successful candidate will quickly be entrusted to manage and lead client activities, develop new business and contribute to the sales growth of the business.
The role will be based in our Hong Kong office, with travel to Singapore and other destinations in Asia as necessary.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- To develop meaningful commercial relationships with industry figures in private banking and wealth management companies, understanding their different marketing and strategic needs and matching our product offerings to those needs
- To help facilitate C-suite level meetings for APB senior management, to participate in those meetings, and follow up accordingly on the outcome of such discussions
- Develop new lines of business with asset managers, technology firms and wealth management firms, working with the marketing team to map the APB client universe and building your own new book of business
- To ensure all contract deliverables are executed accordingly to maximise client satisfaction, working in partnership with internal APB stakeholders
- Represent APB at select client, regulator and media meetings
What we’re looking for:
- 1-2 years of sales experience is preferable – financial services/industry an advantage but not essential
- Excellent written and spoken English is mandatory, as is a high-level attention to detail
- Self-motivated, resourceful, and experience of working in a dynamic, high-pressure sales environment
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively as needed
- Strong team-work ethic
- Right to work in Hong Kong
What we’re looking for:
- Want to work for a company that is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability
- Welcome the opportunity to not be pigeon holed and be encouraged to take the initiative to develop new ideas and products
- Like the idea of joining a hard-working, passionate and fun team that values a strong work/life balance.
- Need to join a diverse, multicultural company with team members from all over the world…
***Candidates must have the right to work in Hong Kong SAR***
All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment and selection purposes.
Find out more about Asian Private Banker