Asian Private Banker — the region’s leading English language publication focusing on private wealth management — is looking for an energetic, experienced, and passionate reporter to join our team. We need a Hong Kong-based journalist with a nose for a story, a flair for writing, sophisticated “people skills”, and the acumen to conduct in-depth interviews.
As a reporter, you will be responsible for producing editorial content for Asian Private Banker’s digital and print platforms; conducting interviews with industry leaders and experts; building and maintaining a network of contacts; and contributing to the overall growth of our editorial product.
- Cover or break industry news, views, and trends for the Asia Pacific region
- Develop deep industry knowledge and embrace a speciality within the private wealth management space
- Develop a personal network of key industry contacts and sources
- Conduct interviews with industry leaders
- Utilise and interpret data to enhance or formulate story ideas
- Occasionally contribute to APB’s live format events and awards programmes
- Occasionally travel abroad to fulfil editorial-related duties
- Reporters who excel in this role will be given the opportunity to progress as the head of a subject matter and may be given ownership of their own regular features
- Those who develop deeply specialised knowledge are given the opportunity to develop their own brand through a regularly distributed e-newsletter. Example: The Tech Buzz (goo.gl/H46Dhg)
- Reporters who have a particular passion are also encouraged and fully empowered to develop that passion. All of Asian Private Banker’s awards programmes, for example, were developed by members of the editorial team who became subject matter experts:
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in journalism or similar disciplines
- More than 3 years of news reporting experience, preferably finance- or business-related
- High level of proficiency in written English is a must
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport and cultivate relationships
- Good organisational skills and resourcefulness
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurised environment
An understanding of the financial industry is not a priority. You will be a more competitive candidate if you have an existing network of contacts in the wealth and asset management, capital markets, compliance/regulation, or headhunting communities.
Asian Private Banker is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or disability.
We value people who are high achievers and strive for excellence in everything they do. We are a hard-working, passionate and fun team that enjoys a balanced life with passions outside of work. We are a diverse, multicultural company with team members from all over the world working in our office. Have a look at asianprivatebanker.com/about-us to find out more about everyone.
***Candidates must have the right to work in Hong Kong SAR***
All information will be treated in strict confidence and solely used for recruitment and selection purposes.
Find out more about Asian Private Banker